(1) Includes all funds, including higher education agencies.
Includes salaries, steps, FICA, insurance, & pension.
(2) Percent of new money needed over base.
(3) Groups within plan follow lead of comparable bargaining units.
(4) This percentage reflects the annualized cost of the increases granted during the biennium. This figure depicts all of the costs of the contract, including "tails."
(5) The second year ATB is effective November 11, 1998.
* These calculations include turnover savings, as calculated for the other contracts. However, there is debate between MnSCU and exclusive representatives about the cost of this particular variable. If turnover were not included, the costs of these contracts this biennium would be:
|Cost this biennium without turnover|
** This calculation does not include "unusual employment increases" approved by DOER under Minn. Stat. 43A17, Sub. 3. These increases were provided to about 200 of the state's 1,100 managers, ranging from 1% to 25%, and averaging 8%. The cost of these increases was about $2.6 million during this biennium. If the cost of these increases was added to the costs associated with the plan, the total biennial increase would be 9.15%, and the biennium increase would be 14.0%. Under the statute, DOER was not required to seek legislative approval of these increases.[an error occurred while processing this directive]