The ">" indicates proposed
contract or plan not yet acted on by the Subcommittee
(1) Includes all funds, including higher education agencies. Includes salaries, steps, FICA, insurance and pension.
(2) Percent of new money needed over base.
(3) This percentage reflects the annualized cost of the increases granted during the biennium.
This figure depicts all of the costs of the contract, including "tails."
(4) Groups within plan follow lead of comparable bargaining units.
(5) The second year 2% across-the-board increase is effective August 23, 2006.
(6) All employees' salaries brought to minimum of new range, or amount set by the Board.
Note: The calculations for all contracts and plans include turnover savings. However, there is debate between MnSCU and exclusive representatives about the costing of this particular variable. If turnover were not included, the costs of faculty contracts compared to AFSCME would be: